About Me

My photo
Australia
My new outlook on fashion began with the first pair of Wayfarers that I'd purchased in LA. I then lived in Manchester for a while and grew to love the grungy alternative English style. Europe gave me a new perspective on fashion exposing me to styles such as the Spanish hippy and Parisian class. Now I feel more aware of looks, styles and trends and hope to explore those observations through this blog. Enjoy!

11.2.09

Remembering The Music.


In lue of my much anticipated second time checking out the band The Music live I’m reminiscing while listening to their latest album “Drugs”. This is just one of my very British experiences – one I’ll never forget...

I saw The Music live in Manchester for 5 pounds late last year at a “secret gig” – it wasn’t announced on their latest tour and kick started the hype about the new album. It was incredible and was one of the best live gigs I’ve ever been to. It was in the basement pub of this old building up a back street in Manchesters grungy city centre. I could touch the black ceiling with my hands as I watched, sang and took it all in. It was a cold 7 degrees outside and 40 inside – the atmosphere was thrilling. I was completely drenched by the sweat from the people packed into this tight venue – the bar was only 10 metres behind me. The whole crowd was moshing as The Music intensified. It was one of the most amazing live shows I’ve ever seen. Mancunians are passionate about their music and their gritty city – it was the perfect venue for this very Northern, English rock band.

No comments: