About Me

My photo
Australia
My new outlook on fashion began with the first pair of Wayfarers that I'd purchased in LA. I then lived in Manchester for a while and grew to love the grungy alternative English style. Europe gave me a new perspective on fashion exposing me to styles such as the Spanish hippy and Parisian class. Now I feel more aware of looks, styles and trends and hope to explore those observations through this blog. Enjoy!

16.10.08

It began with Wayfarers

(O yeah far left, that's me)

It's been a slow start in my fashion stakes... being in the design industry I think brings it to full frontal. You're comfronted by beautiful people every day. That usually can put an outfit together so well! I feel the need to attempt to become more stylish so i'm hitting up designers websites and checking out the worldwide talent. Absolutely loving Tavi the Style Rookie who is my inspiration. Can you believe i'm taking fashion tips from a 12 year old? She is totally brilliant though and I dig her style. Rookie? I dunno...

From Tavi the Style Rookie


So after reading Tavi's blog and others I decided that it was imperative I start up a new one. I just got the urge. I think it's like a new calling or something.. or an old calling getting louder.


It began with my first pair of wayfarers.
Made in Italy - Ray Ban Wayfarers.


They are (also) my inspiration. I think my mother may have had a pair in her chic cool 80s days... I love how fashion does the rounds.


Anyway so Ray Ban Wayfarers have become such iconic sunglasses that even the greatest stars have a pair. Rock stars, movie stars, fashion icons, fashionistas, men, women, teenagers, children... everybody who's anybody who's slightly interested in current trends and fashion has a pair. Sienna, Heath (RIP), Kate, Micha, LiLo, Nicole... even Paris (although I think she copied off Nicole) has a pair... If you're a true lover of this movement then you have a real pair. I myself was once given a pair of fake ones... they were okay for a festival where you don't want your glasses getting trashed but absolutely nothing beats the Italian make of REAL Wayfarers.
I don't think there is any other style of sunglasses that truely compares... Aviators (thank you Mr. Cruise) have come close - Ray Ban also famously invented those babies.


So yeh. My (late) jump into the fashion circuit started with the purchase of my very first tortise shell (sad I didn't go black but I'm blonde and it suits me better anyway) Ray Ban Wayfarers in none other than sunny Los Angeles. No regrets. My Wayfarers are hot and I definitely feel trendy in them.


So now that i've started to be a bit more experimental with fashion (thank you Manchester for helping me out here) lets see how I get on. And let's have a look at what inspires or dispises me along the way...

No comments: