About Me

My photo
Australia
My new outlook on fashion began with the first pair of Wayfarers that I'd purchased in LA. I then lived in Manchester for a while and grew to love the grungy alternative English style. Europe gave me a new perspective on fashion exposing me to styles such as the Spanish hippy and Parisian class. Now I feel more aware of looks, styles and trends and hope to explore those observations through this blog. Enjoy!

17.10.08

Simon Degroot

Ok so I caught onto Simon Degroot about two years ago. He is a local Brisbane artist rapidly emerging onto the art scene and doing very very well. I first noticed his paintings on various electrical boxes around the CBD and when a friend told me who this "Simon" was that signed his name on these boxes I had to know more.

A life shaped life. 1200 x 1200 (sold)

To cut a long story short I found some of Simon's work online, contacted the fellow and decided I'd go around to his studio with my mother and art curator aunty to check it out in the flesh (or canvas.. whatever). I liked his work so much I had to have it. I am now the proud owner of two pieces and my mother who quite liked him bought one. The family home now showcases three in total and they've definitely lived up our living space... We boast every time someone comes in and discuss the works. Dad's not a fan but he's a bit more old fashioned - likes the more realistic / formal works (landscapes, portraits etc). Anyway, hopefully I can have a few more Simon Degroots one day. I can't believe (well I can, he's brilliant) how many are selling - his website has "sold" under nearly every painting up. This man is definitely going to be big so if you want to get involved do so FAST.

No comments: